Home » Non-English Forums » French » How to connect to the db? (Oracle 10g xe client.)
How to connect to the db? [message #462585] Fri, 25 June 2010 02:34 Go to next message
SAKOURA
Hi guys,
I've just installed oracle 10g xe but i don't find any tnsnames.ora on the client station.
The only thing i obtain after the installation of oracle 10g xe client the menu Start is the access to the Sql prompt.
Can some one telle he how can we reach the host and connect to the database which is installed on a server?
Should we use the tnsnames of the server?
Thanks for the reply.
Sak.
Re: How to connect to the db? [message #462588 is a reply to message #462585] Fri, 25 June 2010 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
but i don't find any tnsnames.ora on the client station.

You don't need it to connect to a local database.

Quote:
Can some one telle he how can we reach the host and connect to the database which is installed on a server?

Is this a local or a remote instance?

Quote:

You should use the tnsnames.ora in %ORACLE_HOME%\NETWORK\ADMIN\SAMPLE, copy it in %ORACLE_HOME%\NETWORK\ADMIN and custom it for you need.
(You may also use the one on the server if it is configured to connect to itself using SQL*Net.)

Regards
Michel
Re: How to connect to the db? [message #462593 is a reply to message #462588] Fri, 25 June 2010 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SAKOURA
[quote title=Michel Cadot wrote on Fri, 25 June 2010 02:51]Quote:
but i don't find any tnsnames.ora on the client station.

You don't need it to connect to a local database.
Actually, I use for some applications oracle clients 9i and 10g and on the clients needs tnsnames for the datadbase connection: my softwares need the alias only; the connection is done through the tnsnames.ora of the computer.
... I tried to connect from a pc having oracle 9i client to the 10g database 10g xe and no problem.

Quote:

Is this a local or a remote instance?
The oracle database 10g xe and the *.dbf are on a server wich is a virtual one. The oracle 10g xe client was installed on a computer different from the server.

Quote:

You should use the tnsnames.ora in %ORACLE_HOME%\NETWORK\ADMIN\SAMPLE, copy it in %ORACLE_HOME%\NETWORK\ADMIN and custom it for you need.
(You may also use the one on the server if it is configured to connect to itself using SQL*Net.)
i haven't understood:ok, how my distant client can recognize the host?

Thanks in advance !
Re: How to connect to the db? [message #462594 is a reply to message #462593] Fri, 25 June 2010 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
i haven't understood:ok, how my distant client can recognize the host?

Because in the tnsnames.ora you give it the instance location.

Regards
Michel
Re: How to connect to the db? [message #462627 is a reply to message #462585] Fri, 25 June 2010 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SAKOURA
Bonjour Michel,
Je suppose que tu parles français. Je voies que t'es basé en France !
De communiquer en français est plus simple, comme ça y a pas d'ambiguité. En fait mon soucis est que ne voies pas comment je peux établir la connexion depuis un poste installé en oracle 10g xe (version client) vers mon oracle db 10g xe installé sur un serveur (qui est lui virtuel).
Le seul tnsnames.ora est sur le serveur (du moins j'en ai deux).
Voici les étapes par lesquelles je suis passées:
- Install oracle 10g xe sur un serveur virtuel
- Création d'un db via des scripts en utilisant
- Connexion à cette new db depuis un logiciel installé sur un poste ayant un client oracle 9 : connexion OK
* Config du Tnsnames du poste client (alias, hote, port, instance)
* Config de l'alias dans le logiciel
- Installation de oracle 10g xe client sur un autre poste (mac virtuelle) avec mon logiciel installé dessus
- et là je bloque, puisque je n'ai ni tnsnames ni un outil permettant de configurer l'instance style : "Assistant configuration oracle net".

Comment y parvenir ?

Merci d'avance pour ta réponse.
Sak.
Re: How to connect to the db? [message #462628 is a reply to message #462627] Fri, 25 June 2010 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
Please do not post in a native language.
If you want then please post in Orafaq french forum.
Quote:
Hello Michel,
I suppose you speak French. I way you're based in France!
Communicate in French is simpler, as it is no ambiguity. In fact my concern is that not only tracks how I can connect from a computer installed oracle xe 10g (client version) to my oracle db 10g xe installed on a server (which it is virtual).
The sole is tnsnames.ora on the server (unless I have two).
Here are the steps by which I passed:
- Install Oracle 10g xe on Virtual Server
- Creating a db via scripts using
- Connecting to this new db from a software program installed on a workstation with a client oracle 9: Connection OK
* Config Tnsnames the client (aka, host, port, instance)
* Setup the alias in the software
- Installation of Oracle 10g xe client on another computer (virtual mac) with my software installed on it
- And here I block, because I have neither tnsnames or a tool for configuring the body style: "Oracle Net Configuration Assistant".

How?

Thank you in advance for your response.
Sak.

sriram Smile
Re: How to connect to the db? [message #462629 is a reply to message #462628] Fri, 25 June 2010 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
It is not clear for me.
What exactly your requirement?
How to create TNSNAMES.ora file?

sriram
Re: How to connect to the db? [message #462630 is a reply to message #462629] Fri, 25 June 2010 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
I move the topic in French forum and answer him there.

Regards
Michel
Re: How to connect to the db? [message #462631 is a reply to message #462627] Fri, 25 June 2010 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
et là je bloque, puisque je n'ai ni tnsnames ni un outil permettant de configurer l'instance style : "Assistant configuration oracle net".

Recopie juste le fichier tnsnames.ora de l'autre machine et cela devrait suffire.

L'entrée basique d'un fichier tnsnames.ora est de la forme:
<nom à utiliser dans la chaîne de connexion> =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = tcp)(HOST = <nom de la machine db>)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = <SID de l'instance Oracle>))
  )

Le paramètre SID peut être remplacé par un paramètre SERVICE_NAME ou GLOBAL_NAME cela dépend de la politique choisie. Tu verras cela dans le tnsnames.ora de l'autre machine.
Le port n'est peut-être pas 1521, là aussi tu le verras dans le tnsnames.ora de l'autre.

Cordialement,
Michel
Re: How to connect to the db? [message #462632 is a reply to message #462585] Fri, 25 June 2010 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SAKOURA
I'm sorry, but i didn't do deliberatly. I thought i can post in any language!
Re: How to connect to the db? [message #462633 is a reply to message #462585] Fri, 25 June 2010 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SAKOURA
En fait le tnsnames du serveur je le mets sur le poste client en recréant la même arborescence que celle du serveur ? ou non, juste le copier dans le rep : C:\XEClient ?
Re: How to connect to the db? [message #462640 is a reply to message #462633] Fri, 25 June 2010 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Je ne connais pas XE et s'il a une arborescence spéciale, normalement il faut le copier dans le répertoire %ORACLE_HOME%\network\admin.

Cordialement,
Michel
Re: How to connect to the db? [message #462644 is a reply to message #462585] Fri, 25 June 2010 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SAKOURA
Merci beaucoup Michel pour ton aide, j'ai repris tes posts en anglais en là ça marche, super ! J'ai créé le tnsnames.ora dans : c:\xeclient\network\admin.
Merci encore une fois et bon w-e.
Sak.
Re: How to connect to the db? [message #462646 is a reply to message #462585] Fri, 25 June 2010 07:51 Go to previous message
SAKOURA
Michel,
le répertoire network n'existe pas dans \xeclient, j'ai dû le créer.
en tout cas merci pour ton aide.
Sak.
Previous Topic: Piloter l'assistant par batch
Next Topic: Modifier NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET !
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:37:04 CDT 2024