Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Wat type of architecture is Oracle???
Wat type of architecture is Oracle??? [message #53940] Fri, 18 October 2002 11:27 Go to next message
Vikash
Hello.

can i know wat type of architecture is Oracle 8i datbase and its developments application, that is, form builder, Web db..etc is??? Is it built on a 2-tier architecture or 3-tier one.

Can u give me some explanation, How is it a 2/3 tier model?

thanks,
Vikash
Re: Wat type of architecture is Oracle??? [message #53941 is a reply to message #53940] Fri, 18 October 2002 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trifon Anguelov
Vikash,

Oracle database is a RDBMS and could be either second or third tier. Some refer to it as back-end, because always stays on the back in the data centers to provide data management for the fron-end.

You can have Oracle Forms and Reports as front-end in a two-tier setup, or in a three-tier setup. In case of three-tier setup Oracle AS could be the middle-tier.

In case of two-tier setup, the application holds most of the business logic and uses the Oracle DB to query and store the data.

In three-tier setup, clients become very thin - just provide convinient GUI, the business logic is moved into the middle-tier on AS, and the Oracle DB still holds tha data. You can store some logic in Oracle as well using PL/SQL or JAVA stored procedures.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Can u help me on several statement on Architecture? [message #55255 is a reply to message #53940] Tue, 14 January 2003 00:55 Go to previous message
Shamim Ahmed
Can u help me on several command on Architecture?
I passed the first exam on 8i DBA.
Next month i am going to set for the Architecture
exam.If u have some important document please send me.
I come to know that u know oracle well.
Take care
shamim
Previous Topic: Re: Oracle 8i client can't connect Oracle 9i database
Next Topic: Database Recovery
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:47:45 CDT 2024