Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Urgent
Urgent [message #54107] Wed, 30 October 2002 00:31 Go to next message
Puneet Vats
I have exported one database from user sales which is on sales tablespace.
and when i am importing it in brf user which is in brf tablespace its tables are imported in sales tablespace
what should i do.
???????????
Please help me
Re: Urgent [message #54109 is a reply to message #54107] Wed, 30 October 2002 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
psmyth
you have choices...

you can drop the 'sales' tablespace prior to doing the import (the export file specifies the tablespace to create objects in, and if the tablespace exists, it will use it. If it doens't exist, the objects will be created in the default tablespace for the user you are importing into).

Or... you can run a 'show=y' import and get all the DDL statements to create the 'sales' objects and edit that to create the objects in the 'brf' tablespace. Run that sql script to create the objects and then run the import with 'ignore=y'... as the tables etc already exist, the import will just load the data into them... just make sure you don't miss anything ;-)

One thing to note... if your tables have clob or blob datatypes, you can't do the first option without first creating the relevant tables in the 'brf' tablespaces... I think thats fixed in 9i.

Good luck ;-)
Re: Urgent [message #54148 is a reply to message #54107] Thu, 31 October 2002 15:41 Go to previous message
Tommy Petersen
As psmyth write you can set the default tablespace for the new user to where you want the data and either remove the "sales" tablespace or not allow user brf to write to that tablespace. This is impractical when having many tables and tablespaces in the same export file, so what you can do is to create the tables in the new schema prior to importing, or import only the ddl and then move the tables to the tablespace you want them in and them import the data.
Previous Topic: Very Very Urgent...
Next Topic: Most frequently used queries
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:33:54 CDT 2024