Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Export error on Rollback segments
Export error on Rollback segments [message #55014] Thu, 26 December 2002 16:33 Go to next message
Tony
Hi,
I have a database of size 16Gigs (4 data files of 4 gigs each) of which roughly 10Gigs is used. I have been getting errors during daily exports (Full database Export size. roughly 700MB). Following is the error:

snapshot too old: rollback segment number ? with name "R0?" too small
(where ? in error varies from 1 to 4)

I have setup 4 Rollback segments (R01 to R04) with its table space RBS (The initial size was about 50MB, but after the error today , I changed it to 500MB). Following is the storage specs for all rollback segments:

Initial Size 104 KB
Next Size 104 KB
Optimal Size - none
Minimum number - 2
Maximum Number - 505

Could you let me know what I should do to avoid this error. Also let me know if this setting for the rollback segments is fine for this big database.

Thanks
Re: Export error on Rollback segments [message #55015 is a reply to message #55014] Thu, 26 December 2002 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tony
BTW, I just saw the previous posting on this error from RAjes. If I recreate these rollback segments, what would be the best values to use? If you've any specific links on configuring the size and setup of rollback segments, let me know
Re: Export error on Rollback segments [message #55018 is a reply to message #55014] Thu, 26 December 2002 22:46 Go to previous message
Trifon Anguelov
Your rollback segments are small for this operation. Increase the initial size to 200Mb, the Next to 10Mb, or create bigger rollback segments just for the export and offline the other one's untill your export is completed. Also change the MAXEXTENTS to UNLIMITED, since you will run out of extents one day.

The generic recommendation for "Snapshot too old" is to increase the size of the rollback segments. For getting this error on import, some workarounds are mentioned Here

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Previous Topic: recovery
Next Topic: MTS configuration - unable to connect to database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:43:56 CDT 2024