Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » SHARED MEMORY REALM Error Message...
SHARED MEMORY REALM Error Message... [message #55108] Fri, 03 January 2003 10:00 Go to next message
Harald
I've read that others had the problem as well: the database does not startup (whereas the service does...) and I can't connect with SQL*Plus or anything like it.

It can be started MANUALLY with servermanager and seems to run fine then, but after a reboot of the computer it won't come up again by itself. But I need it to be started automatically!!
We use ORACLE 8.1.7 on Win2k

TIA for any advice.
Harry
Re: SHARED MEMORY REALM Error Message... [message #55109 is a reply to message #55108] Fri, 03 January 2003 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
u can create a new service in windows using ORADIM
Re: SHARED MEMORY REALM Error Message... [message #55113 is a reply to message #55108] Fri, 03 January 2003 12:12 Go to previous message
Harald
Seems quite pointless. The service seems to be ok!? Just doesn't start the DB, even though all the params look allright.
If I start it manually, the DB comes up. If I select "restart" in service-manager, the DB doesnt come up. ORACLE.EXE is running in the task manager!!

If I enter the same command in the comand-line, ORACLE.EXE is startet in the taskmanager but in fact the DB is down.

I'm quite confused! (obviously... :-/ )
Previous Topic: Oracle Universal Installer exits when next button is pressed
Next Topic: Slow oracle connection!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:26:20 CDT 2024