Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Database Recovery
Database Recovery [message #55171] Wed, 08 January 2003 23:46 Go to next message
prashant
Hi all,

I have accidentally deleted the current redo log file and now i just want the database to be up and running, even if it is not consistent. The DBA is out of town and i dont know anything abt recovery. I have tried things like resetlogs, create a new log file etc. i have been getting error messages like
ORA-01610: recovery using the BACKUP CONTROLFILE option must be done etc. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance

Prashant
Re: Database Recovery [message #55256 is a reply to message #55171] Tue, 14 January 2003 03:11 Go to previous message
Mohamed Shameem
If you are running your database in "noarchivelog" mode then restore whole database from a consistent backup. You lose all changes made after the last backup. Open the database with the RESETLOGS option.

If you are running your database in "archivelog" mode then do an incomplete recovery up to the point of the lost online redo log (applying archives on an consistent backup). Open the database with the RESETLOGS option.

Hope that would help you.
Previous Topic: Wat type of architecture is Oracle???
Next Topic: Dropping tables takes a 15 seconds per table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:18:17 CDT 2024