Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » can't create second database instance
can't create second database instance [message #55987] Fri, 28 February 2003 02:45 Go to next message
Lambros Ntalkos
I've setup database 9i R2 on a Win2k server and I need to create a new database instance (the first one was normally created with the server setup). I run the Database Configuration Assistant, but it does not start (the hourglass appears for a while). What can I do? I suspect I can run a SQL script manually. Where can I find such a script and what is the necessary procedure?
Because I am not so familiar with the SQL script, is there a way to avoid it and use the graphical tool?
Thanx
Lambros
Re: can't create second database instance [message #56006 is a reply to message #55987] Fri, 28 February 2003 14:19 Go to previous message
Michel Bartov
I just posted a GUI tool that can help you. The tools section has 2 functions; one to generate a script to create a new database and the second one is to generate a script to duplicate (clone) an existing database in Windows and Unix. The link is http://www.barsoft.net and please fill free to email me dbadmin101@go.com if you decide to use the tool and need any assistance.

Previous Topic: Re: Delete Records Without Table Drop
Next Topic: About Oracle instance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:24:02 CDT 2024