Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Clients not connecting to server
Clients not connecting to server [message #56619] Sat, 12 April 2003 00:53 Go to next message
kamal matta
D/everyone,
recently i installed oracle 8i on win2k server and every thing went fine. database is up and connecting from server's oracle client. thru this server's client i am able to connect to some other oracle server too.

but
i am not able to connect to this new server from any other client machine. i am able to do tnsping from the clients to this server and it give "ok". i am using ip address of the server for netcfg. and am able to ping the new sever thru clients.

what to do ????

thanks in advance.
kamal matta
Re: Clients not connecting to server [message #56621 is a reply to message #56619] Sat, 12 April 2003 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Muhammad Waqas Shabir
Dear Kamal!
If you have oracle developer installed on your clients then:
GOTO Start->Programs->ORACLE For Windows NT
Click "SQL NET EASY CONFIGURATION".
A dialog box will appear with multiple options.
Select "Add database Alias".
Click "OK" button.
Another Dialogue box will appear.
Type Database Alias in the text box labeled as "Database Alias".
Click "OK" button.
Another dialog box with title "Chose TCP/IP Host Name and Database Instance" will appear.
Type the IP Address of server OR the name of server in the "TCP/IP Host Name" labeled text box.
Type Actual Name of the Database running on that server in "Database" labeled text box.
Click "OK" button.
The SQL Net Easy Configuration will reappear.
Click "Exit" button.

WOILA ! I think this should work now.
Connect to server through sql prompt by typing:
user
password
the alias that you have given recently (in the sql net easy configuration).

Ok dear! Try this out.

Waqas
Re: Clients not connecting to server [message #56624 is a reply to message #56619] Sat, 12 April 2003 04:52 Go to previous message
sai sreenivas jeedigunta
hi,
Check the status of u r Configuration..(i.e.) at the end it says connection successfull .. see if that is coming..else try giving the hostname as IP Address / Host name. ..
In case of any error, paste that here...

sai
Previous Topic: Localy managed temporary tablespace
Next Topic: Which Explain Plan is better?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:47:56 CDT 2024