Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » 'Recover database' requires more Archive Logs than available
'Recover database' requires more Archive Logs than available [message #57577] Tue, 24 June 2003 06:58 Go to next message
Jascha
Hi Folks,

just a quick question:
when restoring my archive log database completely after a crash or shutdown abort with the command recover database (same with backup controlfile), Oracle 8.0.6.1.0 is permanently asking for one more Archive log than available/existing and therefore does not successfully recover (ora-00308), except I do a until cancel or time which I do not want.
The simple 'recover database' command is not properly working, same with the using backup controlfile amendment.
Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

Thanks, Jascha.
Re: 'Recover database' requires more Archive Logs than available [message #57588 is a reply to message #57577] Tue, 24 June 2003 21:50 Go to previous message
ctg
why are you restoring after a crash or shutdown abort? Did you lose any datafiles? If NO, then don't restore anything. SMON will do INSTANCE RECOVERY automatically for you.

If you are losing a datafile. Then you need to restore, and if you do not have all the redo logs generated since the backup, then you are stuck with INCOMPLETE RECOVERY (recover until cancel/time).
Previous Topic: interesting, for UNIX GUYS
Next Topic: DBMS Packages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 13:42:42 CDT 2024