Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Practical document about Oracle on Solaris?
Practical document about Oracle on Solaris? [message #57584] Tue, 24 June 2003 12:05 Go to next message
Jadie
Can anyone tell me where I can get some great documents about Oracle on Solaris system? for example a demo document about Oracle 9i that processes on-line transations, how to monitor the database: the memory, I/O, CPU, what kind of Oracle processes were running....... the documents of Oracle for Solaris on Oracle.com website are too simple. I need something more practical

Thanks a lot.
Re: Practical document about Oracle on Solaris? [message #57586 is a reply to message #57584] Tue, 24 June 2003 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
You mean , the oracle documentation?
To my known knowledge , there is no printed book that deals with oracle as GOOOD AS DOCUMENTATION.

Re: Practical document about Oracle on Solaris? [message #57603 is a reply to message #57584] Wed, 25 June 2003 04:55 Go to previous message
psmyth
try the Sun websites... docs.sun.com, www.sun.com etc... also find a friendly solaris sysadmin... the 'internal' oracle stuff you need to monitor is generally the same across all platforms you have oracle installed on, but as you know things are a bit different when it comes to the OS level (well akshully they're exactly the same, just getting to them is different).

you'll be looking at using 'sar', 'top', 'ps -ef' for starters... the 'man' pages will help a lot (just type 'man sar' and it'll come back with a load of info on 'sar'... works for things other than sar too).

But to be honest, a friendly sysadmin is your best bet... get all the information you can out of them ;-)
Previous Topic: Autocommit
Next Topic: multiple sid's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 13:34:02 CDT 2024