Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Question about Problems with DBCA (Oracle 10.2.0.2, Solaris 10)
Question about Problems with DBCA [message #294684] Fri, 18 January 2008 07:48 Go to next message
Uwe
Hi all,

I have a stzrange behaviour with creating a database for testing purposes with DBCA. We try to create the scripts and a template with DBCA.
The Template creation works fine, but after creating the template nothing else happens.
The only thing is that the directories willbe created as mentioned in the template. There are no log files and no error is shown.
Does someone have had such a situation before ?
Regards
Uwe
Re: Question about Problems with DBCA [message #294760 is a reply to message #294684] Sat, 19 January 2008 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkbhati

Try creating new database using your recently created new template.
You can also choose any of existing template while creating a new database.

Regards

Manjit Kumar [mkbhati]

Re: Question about Problems with DBCA [message #295160 is a reply to message #294684] Mon, 21 January 2008 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uwe
Hi manjit,

this I know, but our problem is that the DBCA won?t run. It shows the Templates we create, but afterwards if I fill in all tabs which are neccesary to run the create DB it does nothing. No Error, only the screen is shown the whole time. It seems that the Button to start is not functional, but hy will this happen ?
We have a Solaris 10 Machine and Oracle 10gR2

Uwe
Re: Question about Problems with DBCA [message #295253 is a reply to message #294684] Mon, 21 January 2008 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkbhati

Uwe,
Very difficult to assume on which dbca screen you are struck. I will appreciate if you can upload/post screen shot. I will continue to track this thread if you desire.

Regards

Manjit Kumar [mkbhati]
Re: Question about Problems with DBCA [message #295694 is a reply to message #295253] Wed, 23 January 2008 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uwe
Hi Manjit,

it seems like it were some binary issues or memory leaks. As I tried today it starts up. It fails with "out of memory", but this seems oky for now.
last time it stops on Screen 12 from 12. It showed up the resume-page and than it doesn't start up the creation part. If we check on the "Create Template" this works also, but the "Create Database" won't start up.
So by now I do not see any open issue on that box

thanks
Uwe
Re: Question about Problems with DBCA [message #295732 is a reply to message #294684] Wed, 23 January 2008 03:55 Go to previous message
mkbhati

Uwe,
DBCA ia a java application which uses JVM shipped (installed in Oracle Home )with oracle. This JVM is likely to misbehave some time particularly if some one has other JVMs installed/reconfigured on host. Just try if other java applications i.e. netca are working correctly. Do not forget to backup your TNS Admin directory(Oracle Home/network/Admin) befoe using netca if you are on production server. Netca changes files in this location. Individual components in a Oracle home can be uninstalled & reinstalled by using OUI. Not advisable to do so on a production home because re installation of certain components replaces existing directories & files in home. Do it only if you are sure what you are doing also backup existing home so that later you can replace files pertaining to your current database.

Regards

Manjit Kumar [mkbhati]

Previous Topic: oracle hangs
Next Topic: How to deside the SGA size for fresh oracle installation?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 10:47:32 CDT 2024